Did you mean: 

Mobile data roamng

Eyesandears
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I have a Nokia 3.1 on an o2 pay monthly contact that includes mobile data. Mobile data always works in UK, and worked in Switzerland in August. It has failed to work in Madeira in September and Portugal in October. Contacted 1st and 2nd line support via chat and completed all the usual checks and fixes. Still does not work. Made complaint and was told full data roaming in Europe not guaranteed. I pointed out it is not a case of “full” as the is no mobile data in Portugal or Madeira via any of the networks I could link to.

Has anyone any experience of successful or failure of mobile data access in Madeira and Portugal in the last 2 months.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

You've either got a roaming bar on your account or the incorrect data bolt on.

Check both by calling 202. Don't be tempted to use live chat.

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Eyesandears 

Try turning off phone and remove sim card for 5 mins.

Replace sim and turn back on. If you get asked to choose the network type, make sure you choose the post pay option.

If thsy still fails, go to network settings and select 2g/3g so you disable the phone from attempting to connect to any 4g networks.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3