cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey, so recently bought 2 phones. An LG G3 and a Nexus 6. I bought the £15 big bundle tariff for my G3 and was working fine. I then started using the same sim on my Nexus 6 and was working fine up until I had to top up for my first time on the sim.

I topped using 4444, and topped up £15 and it give me the success message, after that I received the 02 message saying its took £15 for my bundle. I then received my minutes, texts but not my data.

I'm having issues with my mobile data. If my WiFi is turned off, exclamation mark shows up in the signal bars but as soon as WiFi turns on, the exclamation bar goes..

Mobile data will not turn on. I've tried these
- restarting phone
- turning WiFi off and trying mobile data off/on
- took out and put back in sim
- call 4444 to check my tariff balance. And it's all there
- checked the service and its fine.

Ant help please.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you tried the sim back in the G3?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't,chopped it from a micro to a nano. But like I said. The phone I have now Nexus6, the data worked fine until I had to top up again. After I topped up, now the data won't switch on.
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sometimes when you change phones with your SIM it'll need new settings so when you change over text

ACTIVE

to 2020

and it'll send the settings required to your phone if needed.
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please read the post again sir. The data was working for bout half a month until I had to top up. Data was working in both phones. After topping up, its not turning on.
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can take my advice if you like but it's just an avenue you can try to solve your issue and it's free!

And I'm a Miss
Message 6 of 17

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As it's been chopped you may want to get a correct sized sim from O2 which will ensure the sim is OK.
There is no reason for data to just stop because you topped up so unless the account has glitched you need to check the sim.
Try calling CS to get it checked http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 17

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
"Not turning on" - do you mean you can't actually turn data on the phone or it's not working?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Uhmm, when my WiFi is off it shows exclamation marks on the signal bars until the WiFi is back on. Even if mobile data is on/off. Mobile data switches on mate but shows the exclamations mark and I just don't get the data on even though its switched on.
Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It does sound like it could be an issue with your apn to be honest with you.
Check your network settings are correct please....

Currently using:
Message 10 of 17