cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile broadband webmail problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently started using O2 mobile broadband while on our boat, and the connectivity and speed are fine.  The problem is when using 123-reg webmail, I get a 'session expiry' message within a few minutes of starting.  This happens at home (in London) also, but if I change to a wireless connection the problem does not occur.  It seems to point to a clash between O2 mobile broadband and 123-reg webmail.  Predictably support at 123-reg said I need to ask my mobile broadband provider.  So ideas or experience anyone?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorted - an O2 guru on Chat advised me to download the latest version of Connection Manager (only a couple of sub sub points newer than the one i installed from the dongle when I started a few weeks back), and it has fixed the problem.  Quite surprised and rather pleased 🙂

Nic

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorted - an O2 guru on Chat advised me to download the latest version of Connection Manager (only a couple of sub sub points newer than the one i installed from the dongle when I started a few weeks back), and it has fixed the problem.  Quite surprised and rather pleased 🙂

Nic

Message 2 of 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Glad you got it fixed, well done.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 4

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Good to know you fixed it greenwich slight_smile

Go ahead and click on the 'Accept as Solution' on your reply post, as you found how to resolve the problem and this will help others with the same issue.

Cheers!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 4