Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Phones Direct / Upgrade

Chloe1989
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone taken out a contract through Mobile Phones Direct and then cancelled almost immediately? I done this 2 weeks ago as I ordered wrong handset and they recalled it from DPD so I never received handset but O2 havent sent authorisation of disconnection and apparently I need to pay the first month bill of this contract to O2 and they have it refunded next month? Having the hardest time trying to get o2 to send correct information to MPD but customer service is abmisal. And I know everywhere is limited right now with the pandemic.. but has anyone else ever faced this issue??

Also I ordered this as a 2nd contract which I got no bother but o2 (direct from their own website) wont upgrade my SIM only to a device although I am within the time frame to do so?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122924 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Chloe1989 

Systems on all and every network are running very slow due to the pandemic. However, you need to contact customer service and ask them to correct your account. If you never received the device, you shouldn't be paying for it.

Also you should be asking why you can't upgrade to a sim only contract. Usually 3 months into any contract where you have made on time payments should allow you a sim only contract.

Customer services open at 10am today Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

and here are some other numbers to try

0800 977 73370800 587 4005 and 0800 090 1808

You could try Skype 0800 032 1402

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/A-Guide-To-Skype/td-p/1305104

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Chloe1989
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. Numbers don't work as it just cuts me off regardless of the options I choose 😞 Tomorrow is 3 months since I started a SIM only plan so maybe il get the option to upgrade then. 

Message 3 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93230 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Chloe1989
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Right now it's just to upgrade for extra data on my sim only contract.... 

Message 5 of 6

rayhan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

mobile phnes direct are shambolic, they will refuse to pay your cashback plan and give 100 excuses even though you have had a confirmation email from them stating you will recieve it, currently dealing with this situation but their customer sevice advisors are clueless and tell you a new story each time.  i would recommend you avoid them

Message 6 of 6