cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Phones Direct (MPD) contract - Volt & Roaming not included?

TGAC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I'm looking at contract deals for a new iPhone from https://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/ and their O2 contract prices are very reasonable.
If I were to move to O2 through this 3rd party, would I still be able to get VOLT (I have virgin media in the house) as well as the O2 Roaming included in the package? I found some really outdated threads, so wanted to double check!

Would I still deal with O2 for all billing related questions for example if I wanted to downgrade my plan halfway through?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@TGAC wrote:

Hello, I'm looking at contract deals for a new iPhone from https://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/ and their O2 contract prices are very reasonable.
If I were to move to O2 through this 3rd party, would I still be able to get VOLT (I have virgin media in the house) as well as the O2 Roaming included in the package? I found some really outdated threads, so wanted to double check!

Would I still deal with O2 for all billing related questions for example if I wanted to downgrade my plan halfway through?

Thanks

@TGAC 

Yes you will get volt but no you can't downgrade half way through.

You will be billed by O2 and pay them but you will be on a standard fixed term contract and the only way to change or get out is to fully pay the term of the contract.

There's o free cancellation of airtime like you get with O2 refresh for example.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6809 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

I got my SIM only contract via U-SWITCH and applied for Volt. 

But check that your contact will be with O2 direct

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@TGAC wrote:

Thanks

@TGAC 

Yes you will get volt but no you can't downgrade half way through.

You will be billed by O2 and pay them but you will be on a standard fixed term contract and the only way to change or get out is to fully pay the term of the contract.

There's o free cancellation of airtime like you get with O2 refresh for example.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 6

TGAC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 thanks for the info. Do you know if O2 Roaming is also included in the package with MPD? I couldn't find it listed in the plan so not sure if it's implicit that it is, or if it is NOT included hence why not listed.

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Roaming is included on all O2 accounts no matter where they were taken out

However, O2 Travel Inclusive is only available on certain tariffs

Normal roaming with O2 Travel is included on MPD accounts

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@TGAC 

Exactly the same as if you took contract with O2 directly.

Guide here Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 6