Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missold upgrade Carphone Warehouse

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Hoping someone may be able to help.

I recently upgraded through Carphone Warehouse thinking I was on O2 refresh?

But on talking to O2 they told me Carphone Warehouse do not do their contracts like that.

I was talking about the pros and benefits as I took out the upgrade but no one told me otherwise.

Can I cancel?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for all your replies, I have contacted them and awaiting their reply.

Can you let us know the outcome @Anonymous  (Good luck by the way) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like I'm not the only one then Smiley Frustrated

Message 22 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its a real problem that I think o2 need to look at. Around the time my upgrade was due last year I was reciving 2-3 phone calls a day from people claiming to be o2. even going so far to say as its so and so calling from o2. after asking them a few questions it was very apperent that they were all ringing from CPW and trying to get me to upgrade through them. fortunatly I was wise enough to spot them but many peole wont

Message 23 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 should be on top of this. Misrepresentation is a serious issue with the likes of CPW, Aerial and other trusted partners having access  to the O2 data base. It's far too easy for these companies to throw a mention of O2 into the conversation and mislead people into thinking they are dealing with O2 directly. 

Message 24 of 25

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I just wish something would be done! How many more posts are we going to see where people are mis-sold something because they think they are speaking to O2?....

I was lucky enough that I took advice posted on here and I put a block on my call and email preferences...so when I was due to upgrade in January I never received one call from a so called trusted partner

I think that facility has been removed from MyO2 now? slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 25