cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missleading Offer Txt from O2.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on Txt & Web paying £10 a month normally to get 300 Txt & 500 Mb of data for a month. On 29th Jan I got a Txt from O2 saying that if I topped up £15 I would get an extra £15 allowance. As I was due to top up anyway I decided to go mad and increase my normal top up and put £15 on my phone which gave me 500 Txt & 500 Mb to use for a month.

I thought that this additional £15 allowance would be added to my balance, how wrong I was!

The extra £15 is "virtual" money only and as I never use-up my 300 Txt & 500 Mb of data anyway I now feel "ripped-off" by O2.

I phoned customer care to complain on Wednesday 27th Feb as I now have another Txt from O2 "offering" an extra £15 for a £20 top up.

I feel this is very missleading as a low user like me will never get anything extra. "J" at customer care assured me that an O2 manager would call me the next day to address my complaint. There has been no call, so I guess that customer care, .... don't care!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

The virtual top up get used before your actual money. 

SO what is the problem or did you not understand how it worked?

Message 2 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I'm puzzled you are a low user but you're topping up for higher amounts, it's not compulsory and only designed for higher rate users.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
My payg tariff is £25.50 for 300 cross network mins, unlimited texts, 1gb data, 50 mms and unlimited wifi.

I recently received a text from 02 saying if i topped up by £50 I would get an extra £4.

Laughable.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm puzzled you are a low user but you're topping up for higher amounts, it's not compulsory and only designed for higher rate users.

That is exactly my point! Where in the O2 Txt does it say "designed for higher rate users". Like I say, misleading and a rip-off. Yes the "virtual" credit is used first making it even more unlikely that the Text and Web allowance is going to be used for a low user.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

A free virtual £10, I wouldn't mind that myself, it doesn't matter how much a user you are, just you are one of the lucky people

Message 6 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

That is exactly my point! Where in the O2 Txt does it say "designed for higher rate users". Like I say, misleading and a rip-off. Yes the "virtual" credit is used first making it even more unlikely that the Text and Web allowance is going to be used for a low user.

You don't need the extra, yet you have chosen to pay for and take the extra, now you're not happy???????

Sorry I'm puzzled, O2 have given you exactly what you paid for.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

The definition of being misled is that it appeared that O2 were offering £15 extra for a £15 top up. Their offer did NOT explain that the £15 extra was "virtual" money only and would never be available as an addition to your balance. So I was duped into topping up £15 when I did not need to! I call that misleading and a total rip-off!

I want my £15 back and the call back from "customer care"that was promised last Thursday. Lets face it, they have had my money, now they don't "care".

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The definition of being misled is that it appeared that O2 were offering £15 extra for a £15 top up. Their offer did NOT explain that the £15 extra was "virtual" money only and would never be available as an addition to your balance. So I was duped into topping up £15 when I did not need to! I call that misleading and a total rip-off!

I want my £15 back and the call back from "customer care"that was promised last Thursday. Lets face it, they have had my money, now they don't "care".

It's only virtual because it doesn't appear in the balance but you still get that £15 to spend & the top up stays on your phone

Message 9 of 9