Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing payment and bar on accounts

Kiansmum
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I paid my phone bill as well as my sons on the 30th September, it cleared in my husbands bank on the 2nd October but the payment has went "missing". When I log into my accounts it says that the "payment is processing". Now my bill is overdue and I have bar's put on mine and my sons numbers. 

I phoned up yesterday (8th October) and was told they will try and track the payment which can take up to 5 working days to do this, they also said that they will lift the bars on mine and my sons numbers. This was at 10am its now 3:50pm on the 9ths and this bar still hasn't been lifted. I told them I needed my phone incase of medical emergencies as I have a child with multiple health conditions yet I am still waiting!

Other than keep turning on and off my phone in hope it'll speed up what else can I do? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6777 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1513 Solutions

This seems to be a recurring theme lately. Starting to suspect O2 have problems

Not sure what you can do

Try going direct to payment management

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

Or Message them

Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB
X (Twitter) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) ,

they should be able to help you

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23196 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@Kiansmum You need to contact your bank to trace the payment.

If you haven't done so yet you need to speak to the Payment Management Team on 0800 902 0217.

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10275 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@Kiansmum 

How did you pay, I assume by card?

When you next speak to o2 ask them to do what's known as a transaction trace, and they can provide that to you, to take to the bank. Also ask them for the Authorisation Code, as that will be useful to the bank.

Have you spoken to your bank at all, as it could be the payment has failed either within the payment processing or at o2.  

Check as well with your bank to see if the payment is showing as "Settled or Pending" If the former get o2 to confirm they are not going to take the funds in writing, and approach your bank to get them to reverse it, then call the Payment Management team and pay over the phone. 

Also it can take 24 hours for the bars to be removed. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 6

Kiansmum
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think I have already answered the questions been mentioned in the original post. 

I have already contacted o2 themselves. They have said they are going to trace the payment which will take upto 5 working days. I have sent them the reference codes which were emailed to me when I made the payment (also the page I screenshot when I made the payment with the reference code- I always do this for this reason)

I paid by card and the fund have also cleared in my husbands bank so it is o2 that is the problem here. 

Edit to add its been over 24hrs since I made the phone call and they said they will be lifting the bars 

Message 5 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23196 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@Kiansmum If you want to avoid this happening again, set up a Direct Debit. There really is no reason not to. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6