cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed calls - even when he is three feet away!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calls from the hospital and from wife in hospital (call shown on Recents), calls from a supplier and now a call from a guy stood next to me. His phone rings, proof he has dialled correctly, but nothing on my phone. Both on O2. Why am I missing so many calls? Moved to O2 from Tesco, same service I know, but now more problems! Different phones used to call me, so no Topic applies as it is just a Fault! Is it our local mast, 2G and this has been happening for three or more months.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Maybe you have a divert set ?
To cancel all diverts dial ## 002 # SEND
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 26

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 26

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Check here for faults in your area: http://status.o2.co.uk/

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 26

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If it is an iPhone, check that Do Not Disturb isn't enabled (half moon on status bar).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community! Have you tried any of the advice above?
Message 6 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry guys, had forgotten to tag the Email Me box! Everything has been tried by the O2 guru, online help and by me. Just some people (one hospital, one daughter, one chap and one business) rather annoyed say they cant get through - and no missed call shown so not a signal problem, I guess? Not on Do Not Disturb (that's between 10pm and 10am!). But then Family calls do not get through during Do Not Disturb time, which they should, so wonder about the iPhone now!?

Message 7 of 26

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Check your blocked numbers list if this hasn't been done already and then make an appointment with Apple to have phone checked.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 26

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Is this the same everywhere or just in one location? 

Is worth getting the phone checked out by Apple if you have a store within travelling distance. 

Have you got Tugo installed on any device? 

Message 9 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - thanks for spending the time trying to help! It's always at home that I miss calls - except for once, in a supermarket elsewhere, when several texts from an increasing cross daughter failed to get through - discovered when I actually phoned from there. Maybe that was pure conincidence because texts can sometimes take 3 or more hours to appear (rarely, but it has happened).

So I might suggest that this happens when I am at home - but again only from one or two people. Other calls and texts arrive happily. Cant get a handle on it!

I will go to a store when I'm next near one.

This only started happening after Tugo was installed - since removed. It was a complete nuisance because with a weak mobile signal (2g) it would apprently switch to wifi - I cant remember the details but I missed loads of calls with Tugo there. the O2 guru made sure it was fully deleted because he felt that it had caused problems.

Must try to think of a logical test - but when I ask this one company to phone me, they say its ringing, and I get nothing (we are talking on the landline whilst doing that!)

Message 10 of 26