Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miss sold and cheated by 02

Chantelle1995
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So short version, had a promotional phone call in may, got told take a pay monthly sim out with them and in three months I will get a guarantee free handset upgrade, I tried to upgrade but told to early in July as I though it went buy once you make 3 payments and not the date of joining. So I called and yet again was told I can upgrade after 3 months but it was only on a certain date. 9th August. So I wait till them and tey upgrade online and it's hot letting me. So I call to be passed on to 4 different people all of them saying you can never upgrade after 3 months it has to be six. So now ice got to wait a further 3 months even if they listen back to the two calls the first initial sale and the woman giving me a date that still carnt do nothing. So I've basically taken out a contract under false pretences, the product (sim only to 3 month guarantee upgrade) is passed of which passing of is illegal and o2 have been falsely represented by someone in a call centre who clearly just wanted the commission. Ans I bet I'm not the only one. Surely they should be able to do something if the initial promise that was agreed to and made when I join has been false and I've been cheated and lied to for someone else's gain. Its practically infringement! How should I take action on this? Legally? Someone please help me I feel so betrayed and upset by suck a corporate company
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Chantelle1995  Short version: Never agree to anything from a cold caller. Probably one of O2's so-called 'trusted partners', probably all legal, and probably nothing you can do about it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

A 12 month sim only deal can upgrade after 3 months

A 30 day sim deal can upgrade after 6 months

All subject to on time payments in full.

Message 3 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
Nothing is guaranteed and is subject to credit and affordability checks...

And i doubt anyone would say you have been mis sold, it is your responsibility to read and agree to the terms and conditions of the contract/sale before going ahead.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 8

JAZZ-trad
Level 13: Prompter
  • 890 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @Chantelle1995 

Sorry to hear your story.

It is wise to consider offers very carefully before

accepting anything.  Instant decisions are

never the best.

Good luck I hope you get things sorted

out eventually.

Message 5 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Chantelle1995 ,

Sorry to hear about your trouble with this. 😞 I'm happy to get someone on our end to take a look at this in more detail to double check if there's anything that we could do to help. I'll drop you a private message here on the community to discuss further shortly.

Message 6 of 8

Mancini86
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am in the same boat got 23days left until the 6mth mark
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Mancini86 wrote:
I am in the same boat got 23days left until the 6mth mark

Hope all goes well for you at the end of the month.

Message 8 of 8