cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misleading prices when upgrading

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am very disappointed with O2 and cannot wait to get out of this 12month contract with them. I thought I was upgrading and had a set deal, I even said to they guy on the phone 'does that figure cover everything?' And was assured it does, later to find out I am paying an extra £7 per month on VAT.... Then when discussed with another member of staff told there is nothing that can be done.... O2 I will be leaving you at the end of this contract and I will be telling everyone what I think of the appalling experience I have had
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
When did you upgrade as O2 do offer a cooling off period.

They should have clarified everything and it could be worth asking to see if a record of the conversation exists to highlight any mis information you may have been given.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Consumer deals are not normally advertised without vat.

Did you call o2 or did you receive a call? I ask because it sounds more like you have been put on a business tariff. Sounds like an Aerial trick to me
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144307 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I'd agree with piperdog123.
Consumer tariffs are quoted with VAT included and it certainly sounds like the kind of trick Aerial would try on someone unsuspecting 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like an aerial trick or possibly did the op upgrade through CPW or live chat?
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is not a CPW trick. Aerial yes.

@Anonymous can you update your post please
Message 6 of 6