cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis-sold Contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm looking for abit advice on the following;
Just before Christmas i was due an upgrade. So when i received a phone call stating "I can see your due an upgrade" i assumed it was O2. being tricked accepted this new upgrade(by phone only) but when some paperwork appeared asking for bank details i knew that's not right as I've been with O2 for years. Airtime solutions also are trying to put me onto a business contract.
So after refusing delivery,which was only last week and going into the O2 shop, who had no information on this got fixed up properly with the contract I've had for years, Airtime Solutions have now tried to terminate my contract with O2 and said I had to pay the remaining balance of £460 (which I received a termination letter with O2 headed paper but whom had no information on this when i rang 202) and cannot(apparently) out of the awful deal, which i never wanted, with this "Airtime solutions" I just can't see how they are able to force me into a new contract when they work with O2 and should be able to see i had went into the O2 store and got a new deal. Trading standards have to be informed of this.

We are stumped at where to go from here?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I agree, and with the complicity of O2, making it even more disgusting. Unfortunately, I'm sure all the other networks are at it with these lowlife companies as well.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Until the tele marketing rules are changed in favour of the consumer they will continue with their shady practices too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 17

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
We are stumped at where to go from here?

Only you can report this to your local council's Trading Standards department.

I'm guessing Airtime Solutions are taking that stance because it is a business contract and the Distance Selling Regulations do not apply to commercial organisations, only consumers.

Personally I would write a letter to Airtime, send recorded delivery, stating you, as a consumer, were mis-sold a business contract and have refused delivery of the phone under the Distance Selling Regulations. This effectively cancels any contractual obligation on your part.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 13 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Excellent advice @Beenherebefore  I learn something new every day...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
No nothing? They have just tried to deliver the mobile which i dont want
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. Yes this is my next step to aend the recorded delivery letter
Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes definately airtime solutions as i recieved a headed letter and a horrible phonecall to follow
Message 17 of 17