Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Minimum top up for simplicity is £10?

I recently switched from the Text Anytime tariff to Simplicity for unlimited texts for £5 a month. However I just tried topping up £5 and it says I need to enter between £10 and £30. So should I just wait until the top up service recognises that I'm no longer on my old tariff (although I have waited nearly 3 days and I have received a confirmation text saying it has changed), or do you have to top up at least £10 even when on simplicity?? Thanks.
Anonymous

Also when I ask to check my tariff or bolt ons it says that I currently have none, however on the o2 site it says I am on simplicity and I also had a confirmation yesterday saying that I will be able to start using it today.

EDIT: I may know the problem, I just noticed this:Choose your monthly allowance. We’ll take this amount from your top-up credit and you’re ready to go.
My balance was £2 so do I have to top up £10 then have them subtract £5, etc. ? :mansurprised:
Topics: 577
Solutions: 4,091

That's right, you need a balance of at least £5 every month on your anniversary date. The minimum top up is £10 so you can't top up £5. The £10 will last for 2 months payment unless you use anything above your allowance.
Anonymous

Ahhhh alright cheers I get you, I suppose that's easier then what I had to do with text anytime. Thanks again Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

Re: Minimum top up for simplicity is £10?

Hey, im a a bit confused. What happens if i dont top up 5 quid every month. Do i not get my minutes and texts at all. And if i do top £5 every month, then i dont get my unlimited texts?