Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages from O2 about Data

GandKRosfa
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why am I getting messages from O2 about my Data limit? I only use my phone for texts and calls, NEVER for the internet. Is this just a marketing ploy to get me to pay more each month?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@GandKRosfa 

It may be a scam if you don't use data.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/phishing-and-smishing-advice 

Some scams might pretend to be from O2, or from an organisation you already deal with. It's important that we see examples of phishing emails, texts and websites so we can investigate and shut down scammers. To report a suspicious email, text or website:

• forward the text message, including phone number or company name, to 7726. It won’t cost you anything and it means we can investigate the sender

Best of luck with this and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@GandKRosfa 

What do the messages say exactly?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @GandKRosfa , welcome to our community! How are you getting on with this today? slight_smile

As mentioned above it would be great to hear more about these messages as it might help us to troubleshoot further. slight_smile Let us know if you still need any further help.

Message 4 of 8

GandKRosfa
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No further texts like this since the question and replies appeared on the Community. Hopefully the fact that the scam is now public has led to this.

Thank you

Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Good to hear @GandKRosfa thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I seriously doubt that one forum post has scared them off, if indeed it was a scam.
Without knowing the content of the text, it's impossible to know if the text was genuine or not and if it was sent in error or intended.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

djbsuffolk
Level 9: Fired up
  • 140 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

It would be interesting if the message came from a mobile number? I had an alert about data last month and it came from O2-data I do believe, there was no number.

Message 8 of 8