cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxed out bolt ons but need more data

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last month I had to use up all of my available mobile data bolt ons because of problems with my broadband at home. This month, I used up my 1GB of data allowance for the same reason but couldn't get any more data because O2's new system for bolt ons means they now last for 2 months instead of 1, and I've already maxed out my bolt ons for this 2 month period. 

My next bill date is just over a week away so I will be fine after that, but I will be doing a lot of travelling before then and cannot really afford to go without internet access during that time. Is there any possible way I can get more data? I don't want to upgrade my contract or anything because the problems I was having with my internet are no longer an issue so I shouldn't need that much extra data in the future.

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144656 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Call cs on 202 and see if they can over ride the system for you - you should still be able to buy more if needed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144656 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Call cs on 202 and see if they can over ride the system for you - you should still be able to buy more if needed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23149 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

I find it a bit puzzling that O2 would put a barrier on someone spending more money????????????

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I called customer support and spoke to someone who said I could upgrade my tarrif from 1GB to 4GB for exactly the same price as I'm paying now, checked online and it all looks good to start tomorrow which is great.

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144656 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Fantastic news. Well done slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I find it sad that it depends who you speak to in customer service. I'm happy you got a good result though 😉

Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 123095 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I find it sad that it depends who you speak to in customer service. I'm happy you got a good result though 😉

Training, training and a damn sight more training required...Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144656 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
I believe it was the online system blocking it prior to calling cs.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8