Did you mean: 

Masts not working in my area

Dave10321
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

As the subject says, Quite a few phone masts in my area are not working. (Postcodes such as PO12 1HQ where I live, PO15 5RQ where I work and PO1 3TZ at Gunwharf Quays just across Portsmouth Harbour from me to name just a few. It seems like all the masts are currently switched off!!

I noticed that 4G was slow around Christmas time and I have tweeted O2 about this along with the speeds I get on 4G from the Speedtest app on my phone. I once got a download speed of 0.04 Mbps & uploads speed of 0.11 Mbps. (See pic below)

All I get from them is "We're aware of the problem and are working hard to fix this." This is simply not good enough!!

I'd just like to know when it'll be fixed as 3 months later is taking the urine. Specially as all these masts seem to be "Out of order" angry angry angry

Has anyone else had this problem?

Speed test.jpg

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Faulty masts need time to fix and sometimes access to the masts is difficult and sometimes they aren't even maintained by O2 so they could be waiting on contractors or other networks, but either way, you will never get a date for a fix out of O2 for the reasons stated, ie, out of their control.
Keep checking your postcodes here http://status.o2.co.uk/ as that is the only place you are likely to get an updates at all.

Also, keep reporting the faults through the MyNetwork app as it acts as a constant reminder to them https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Faulty masts need time to fix and sometimes access to the masts is difficult and sometimes they aren't even maintained by O2 so they could be waiting on contractors or other networks, but either way, you will never get a date for a fix out of O2 for the reasons stated, ie, out of their control.
Keep checking your postcodes here http://status.o2.co.uk/ as that is the only place you are likely to get an updates at all.

Also, keep reporting the faults through the MyNetwork app as it acts as a constant reminder to them https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Dave10321
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply, 

That's all I've been doing lately is checking the service status page to see if it's been fixed. 

Guess I'll just have to keep checking it day by day. unamused

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Not a lot else you can do unfortunately mate.
I guess you could always send a stern email to the CEO.
You can easily find his email address on Google wink

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Dave10321
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was going to email O2 but thought I'd come on here first. wink

Message 5 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Dave10321 You can lodge a complaint here: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I would also suggest calling customer service to complain as well. If you're lucky enough to get a sympathetic representative, you may be offered a goodwill gesture of some compensation for the lack of service, but there's no guarantee of that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Any goodwill gestures are usually applied after normal service is resumed.
If it's due to a mast being decommissioned they may allow you out of contract for free but if on refresh you can pay off the device plan and leave anyway.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7