Mast fix expectations...

Matty_b
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
"TS7***

Sorry a phone mast in this area isn't working

This means your service might come and go until we fix it.

Updated 11:34 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet."

My Mobile Broadband has had a flaky signal / slower than a tortoise since Tuesday 16th (discovered, on returning from holiday)

Moaned at live chat on Sunday 21/10/2018 (severely frustrated, by day 5)

What's reasonable expectations, service restoration, and bill credit wise on this one (ongoing) ... I'm just over 12 months, into a 24 month MBB contract

(... depending how long this goes on, will determine my renewal (or jump to 3 MBB) options in just over 11 months)
Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Matty_b
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Good news... it's finally fixed slight_smile ..

Had the 'network update' email from O2Alerts (and will test the connection tonight)... now just need to chat about a bill credit for a couple of weeks

... Pity it needed someone to get to the brink of walking, to get updates etc.

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Unfortunately o2 never give out an expected date for a fix as some things are out of their hands.
You could try phoning customer services to see if they will tell you what the hold up is but there are no guarantees.
Advice if you were seeing this problem on a phone would be to choose a different signal to use (swap from 4G to 3G) but not sure if this is possible on a MBB device...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 20

Matty_b
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Live chat "promised" 48hrs, but I'm inclined not to believe them.. Watching this space, for the 48hrs to expire tomorrow lunchtime

And the swapping from 4G to 3G, the MiFi has done that by itself, as the next serviceable mast being just under a couple miles away, street-light style, just over the brow of a hill.. Dial-up era speeds, on the edge of reception, on a semi distant transmitter
Message 3 of 20

fyodor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I ,too am very frustrated  regarding having no phone access.

I am now on day 4 of- no signal in your area- Mast down.

I have also been on to On-line chat,which wasn't very helpful. It was suggested driving out of area, which is no resolution. I asked what mast was working nearest to me and got no answer

'We hope to resolve this within 5 days', simply isn't enough.

I use text messages constantly and have no idea of how many important messages. I have missed so far.

My expectation of O2 is that they contact customers with information and updates re: progress of this issue,which they don't.

I also would like to know if O2 will be compensating customers for this severe service disruption.

Message 4 of 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@fyodor@Matty_b

You could download the My O2 app which at least allows you to report it that way. The more people who do this the better. https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 20

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

I would be dubious about the 48 hour fix from chat as well.
Have you used the my network app to report the outage @Matty_b or @fyodor?
If you do that then you can (I think) you can also submit a number to be informed of updates.

Edited to correct username

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 20

fyodor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you all for responses. Much appreciated.
I will submit a report.
It is just so annoying trying to work from home without access to my phone plus the lack of information to customers from O2....
Message 7 of 20

Matty_b
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks... Though, my handset is with another network, so I don't know if the app would fail because of this (I'm MBB only) ... I'll give it a go though
Message 8 of 20

Matty_b
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Yeah, it downloads and works on another net slight_smile
Message 9 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The My Network app is the best option for regular updates and the Resolver route for any complaint. I do hope this is sorted for you asap and until WiFi calling is supported for any phone, these type of problems will occur time and again.

Message 10 of 20