Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketing texts & customer support

Amadeus
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have tried everything to stop advertising texts.  Now I've been told. via facebook, to email socialqueries.  When I put in the address they've given me, it turns to red and if I try to send it I receive the message to enter a recipient.  Apparently I am the only one having this problem - as apparently I am the only one haing problems with opening special link to chat with them. I really am totally fed up with 02.

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144363 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

Go yo your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 and on the "More" tab you will see the options to turn off marketing contact from O2 and third parties.

choices.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
  • 144363 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

Go yo your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 and on the "More" tab you will see the options to turn off marketing contact from O2 and third parties.

choices.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 15

Amadeus
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much.  Would you believe it: I have sent the stop text every time, I've had 2 on line chats and I don't know how many conversations I've had on Facebook ........ but they still hadn't unchecked that box or told me how I could do it myself.  Words almost fail me.  So, no more IKEA, holiday cottages ....

Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 144363 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Fingers crossed for you slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Sometimes sending STOP to unscrupulous companies is the worst thing you can do. It proves to them that this is a live number and they will continue sending unwanted rubbish. Best of luck anyway @Amadeus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 15

Amadeus
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, I know what you mean - certainly a mistake people make with emails.  In this case, though, I assumed that as I was dealing with 02, all would be well. I don't think I've ever received such shabby service from a company. Anyway, thanks to the help,I've received here, all should be well.

Message 6 of 15

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

You might want to think about registering withe Telephone Preference Service which seems to work well for me. It won't stop everything but it helps. You can register your home phone and additional mobiles and takes up to a month to become active. 

https://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/mobile/index.html

Message 7 of 15

Amadeus
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, I am registered.  These were texts coming from More02. 

Message 8 of 15

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@Amadeus wrote:

Yes, I am registered.  These were texts coming from More02. 

Yes I see. Unfortunately TPS won't stop texts from O2 if you are opted in. 

What makes me really pi$$ed with O2 is that the default setting is set to receive marketing texts and calls. You should have to opt in to receive them not opt out. 

Anyway I hope you are all sorted now 😀

Message 9 of 15

Amadeus
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hopefully sorted now with absolutely no thanks to 02 - who actually lied to me and reassured me on several occasions that I was opted out from all marketing communications and did nothing to resolve the situation. Thank you to those on here who did help!

Message 10 of 15