cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Headache

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the last few weeks, I've had quite a few personal issues which have resulted in me having to move home for a few months.

I want to upgrade my phone but I'm having the following problems. 

I do not have my mobile phone nor gain access to my sim card but need to update my address. These days, O2 seem to send a 'security code' text message to your phone if you even want to contemplate a change to your account but I can't get it. 

I have access to a contract on another network that my dad is allowing me at the moment and I've downloaded the TuGo app to gain access to my texts and calls but none of my codes are coming through. 

I went into an O2 store to try and sort this and got ever so helpful service that resulted in nothing changing at all. 

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

If you have photo ID, such as passport and/or driving licence, take that into an O2 Store and they can use that to access your account. 

From there they can issue and register a replacement sim card as well as updating your address and ultimately process your upgrade.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Try downloading Mighty Text to your PC. Short codes come through ok (although I can't remember if you need your phone to register initially)

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

You could write to O2 to request the changes.

Telefónica UK Limited
Correspondence Department

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

Or ring them using the numbers in the 'contact us' tab at the bottom of the forum page.

E mail contact is available but they probably wouldn't change details via this way ,but may ring you back to try and sort your issue.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help

Do not use Live Chat.

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

ah, I'm running iOS so no mightytext for me.

DO you think it'll be rectified over the phone? I thought going in to the store would be a helpful approach to the situation.

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

To ask for a replacement sim would mean it being sent to the registered address.

The store will be protecting the account which is a good thing.

Can you not ask for your original sim to be posted to you, or meet at a neutral place.

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am aware that they are protecting it but surely they can see situations could possibly arise from there only being one way of changing an account?

I did read somewhere on the site that I can be handed a replacement sim if I bring photo ID into a store with me.

Should I try that and another store with maybe more helpful staff?

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
They do have the facility to perform a sim swap which moves your tariff and number from your original sim to a blank sim ,but this is usually on the premise you have the original sim for the short code text.

It can't harm to go in with as much I.d as you can. They can only say No.

Good luck and I hope things settle down fir you.
Message 7 of 12

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

If you have photo ID, such as passport and/or driving licence, take that into an O2 Store and they can use that to access your account. 

From there they can issue and register a replacement sim card as well as updating your address and ultimately process your upgrade.

Message 8 of 12

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi Jeebz,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with getting the code. Feel free to send me a private message and I'll see what I can do to help slight_smile

EDIT: Although, please follow version7point0's advice first as this will be the easiest way for you to get this done. If you still have trouble, let me know.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys,

I'll take me passport, licence, bank card and email of my last bill in with me today

Hopefully that will sort things. 

Message 10 of 12