Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous

MMS isnt working

i am on a sony ericsson k800i
i have had the settings sent to me from sony ericsson direct to my phone and no luck

also when i tried to get some settings sent from o2 they couldnt be sent, aparently there was an error

can anybody help me?
Anonymous

MMS isnt working

Well first off can i ask why the settings from SE didnt work. I have used the site hundreds of times (literally). Did you receive them ok, input the pin correctly?

If you call 02 back from a different phone they should be able to go through a manual installation of the settings, or at the very least email the manual instructions out to you so you can see it and do it at your own pace, thats what vodafone do.
Anonymous

MMS isnt working

yes, all of the settings were installed via pin correctly. this is what confused me as i was sure that this would sort things out and it didnt.

but i'll phone up 02 and see if i can get any luck from them
is it 4444 i call?
Topics: 48
Kudos: 591
Solutions: 48

MMS isnt working

you can also text the word active to 2020 and you will be sent them from o2
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Anonymous

MMS isnt working

still no luck!
i have sent "activate" to "2020" twice now and i have been sent back this message on both occasions

"Sorry, an error has occured. Please check and re-send after a few minutes. If requesting settings enter the number next to the make only (e.g. 1 for nokia)."

and i sent back my mobile number next to sony ericsson because im using the k800i. and that didnt work either.

still any help out there?

MMS isnt working

how long have you had the sim card with o2?
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Anonymous

MMS isnt working

quite a few years, 3 years at maximum

MMS isnt working

It is possible that your phone is stopping them from installing them.

Have you been having other problems with the phone recently?

You could try a master reset on the phone (However this will loose everything that is already in the phone)

You could also try updating the software on the phone, However this needs to be a last result and again this will wipe everything of your phone.

Anonymous

MMS isnt working

i've had no other problems with the phone, all i use it for is text and calling, thats about it, i have never had a need for MMS before

and where do i go to get a software update or to find the master reset
also when you say that it will wipe everything is this just on the phones memory, not the memory card?

MMS isnt working

No it wouldnt touch the memory card, however its always advisable to back up your memory card to your pc as a precaution. I have known on occasions that it can corrupt things on the memory card

Is the phone a o2 branded phone, or as it come from another network.

A Master reset is in the settings menu, then genral and at the bottom it says master reset.

It may ask you for a code, the generc code is 0000.

Dont forget that everything on the phone is norm wiped out.
Master reseting the phone is also at your own risk. Ive not known any faults come from doing it, but I always say just be careful as its at your own risk