cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS charging?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I'm a returner to O2 after being with Virgin Mobile for several years. Can anyone enlighten me as to whether there are charges for sending mms/picture messages? I've searched the site and also the FAQ section in here but couldn't find anything. i never used to send pics from VM as at 40p a throw, it could soon rack up my bill. 

I'm on a 4g tariff, 2 year contract, all unlimited except data which is 3G?

many thanks in advance

Tracey

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Same 40p a shot on O2 mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Same 40p a shot on O2 mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Yes a lot of charges Have a look at this thread.. http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-p/689503

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. 

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

You can avoid all the costs of sending pictures if you use a picture app over WiFi....I use messenger personally...there are others such as Line or Viber...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you. 

My pleasure.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous

As previously mentioned, apps are a good way of sending pictures.  My personal favourite is whatsapp.

Also, If you have an iPhone and your recipient has an iPhone, you can send pictures via iMessage (if you have your wifi or 3G/4G turned on) for free.  Just make sure MMS is turned off in your message settings as, if the recipient has not got their internet on or have a low signal, then it would automatically send as an MMS and you would be charged.

Message 7 of 7