Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS charges

pokerdon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My wife sent her contacts a bulk text message when she got her new phone adivising people of her new number, these have been charged as MMS messages, why is this? She has run up £8 of charges already?!?!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Samsungs generally work the same way as iPhones (which are the main culprits), LG's and Nokias tend to work differently though. In short it depends on whether you phone groups texts as an MMS or not.

If it does, then the charges are valid. If it doesn't then you won't have MMS charges.

It will be in your phone's user manual.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Guessing she's got an iphone? If so any more than 3 texts sent as a group message are processed as MMS messages.

Different phones process differently so some makes/models don't do that.

Its a valid charge though, I'm afraid.
Message 2 of 5

pokerdon
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Its a samsung galaxy ace, does this apply, shouldn't that be made clear somewhere?

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Samsungs generally work the same way as iPhones (which are the main culprits), LG's and Nokias tend to work differently though. In short it depends on whether you phone groups texts as an MMS or not.

If it does, then the charges are valid. If it doesn't then you won't have MMS charges.

It will be in your phone's user manual.
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
"General" rule of thumb is anymore than 480 characters in a single text will get converted into an MMS and any more than 5 messages grouped together will convert to an MMS.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5