Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M&J Acquisition scam!!!

Odi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am in a terrible mess with the company name M&J Acquisitions Ltd.

I was happy with my old contract with O2 . On 31st of August 2018 I received an unsolicited call from Jason who said that he was calling from O2 , he promised me a discount on my monthly payments , he said that new contract with O2 also will be for 24 months. When I realised that I was tricked I cancelled the "electronic contract " straight away but they said that there is no cooling off period. O2 also refused to help .

My old contract with O2 was for 24 months 62 f monthly (IPhone + sim ) NOW I have to pay termination fee for my old contract 760f plus 52f monthly for SIM CARD ONLY for  36 MONTHS for this new O2 business contract!!!  Great deal....no

They call it a business contract but I am NOT a business. I am affected by a serious disease and all this stress is making me sick.

M & J Acquisitions Ltd. said that they will pay termination fee but they never did. They try to force me to sign more papers/statements and give them all my bank details, driving licence etc. in order to maybe pay this termination fee back to my account. They also refused to give me the recording of my telephone conversation with "Jason". Can somebody please help me what should I do now???

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you make a complaint the admin team won't be able to offer any assistance

Message 11 of 23

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks everyone for your input on this one. @Odi I'll find out what I can about M&J Acquisition and where you stand in relation to this contact. I'll need a couple of details so will drop you a message. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @Martin-O2

The guy from MJ Aquisitions who seems to be so rude and unsympathetic is called Jason. Another member has complained about him also. He certainly needs some lessons in customer services.

However, all these so called trusted partners need reigning in. Offering business contracts to personal customers is appalling!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 23

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No problem @Cleoriff! We'll do all we can to help on this one. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 23

Odi
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Martin-O2, Jonsie and Cleoriff for your replies and help.

This  Jason  is really nasty, he didn't even care when I told him about my serious condition. 

Message 15 of 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Let's hope @Martin-O2 can help you. I'm sure you won't be taking offers over the phone from helpful friendly salesmen ho revert to the uncaring scum they are when you wish to complain. It should be made illegal to put someone on a business contract without making them aware.

Message 16 of 23

Odi
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Jonsie , I think that O2 should stop associating with companies like M&J Acquisition, I was really happy with O2 for many years before that phone call from Jason... I would never agree to anything with them if I would have known that they are not from O2. 

Message 17 of 23

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

We need to get Matt Allwright and his team on the case (Rogue Traders/Watchdog). O2 should be ashamed to be associating themselves with companies liek this.

Thanks

Steve
Message 18 of 23

Matty_b
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Sounds like a shady company, and an unpalatable individual..

Direct contact link, for reporting a story to BBC Watchdog (current series on air)..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact
Message 19 of 23

Odi
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks again everyone for your help. Nice lady from O2 had contacted me today and she did cancel this contract !

Message 20 of 23