Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M&J Acquisition scam!!!

Odi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am in a terrible mess with the company name M&J Acquisitions Ltd.

I was happy with my old contract with O2 . On 31st of August 2018 I received an unsolicited call from Jason who said that he was calling from O2 , he promised me a discount on my monthly payments , he said that new contract with O2 also will be for 24 months. When I realised that I was tricked I cancelled the "electronic contract " straight away but they said that there is no cooling off period. O2 also refused to help .

My old contract with O2 was for 24 months 62 f monthly (IPhone + sim ) NOW I have to pay termination fee for my old contract 760f plus 52f monthly for SIM CARD ONLY for  36 MONTHS for this new O2 business contract!!!  Great deal....no

They call it a business contract but I am NOT a business. I am affected by a serious disease and all this stress is making me sick.

M & J Acquisitions Ltd. said that they will pay termination fee but they never did. They try to force me to sign more papers/statements and give them all my bank details, driving licence etc. in order to maybe pay this termination fee back to my account. They also refused to give me the recording of my telephone conversation with "Jason". Can somebody please help me what should I do now???

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Great news @Odi! I'm really pleased this was sorted out for you. smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 23 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

4th post on this. Asked for Merge.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 23

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Maybe admin can help too. Asked to merge, multiple posts are pointless but it shows how desperate the OP is for help.

Message 3 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Maybe admin can help too. Asked to merge, multiple posts are pointless but it shows how desperate the OP is for help.

Yes I tagged admin into two of the posts I answered @jonsie

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 23

Odi
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply Cleoriff and Regal. I am really desperate to solve this problem that is why I put many posts. Sorry but I am new to this forum. I just had a phone call from this "Jason" from M&J Acquisition again saying that O2 will cancel my posts here.. What about the freedom of speech? He wants me to sign statements  and give him copy of my documents etc. so they can pay termination fee for old contract. I am scared to give them any more details so I have already paid termination fee for my old contract (760 f) by myself...

I can not even complaint about them to Ombudsman Services because they are NOT a communications company only brokers.

I don't know how they can wake up in the morning knowing that they are tricking vulnerable people into taking business contracts. I am with O2 for 10 years and now I am really disappointed with their "trusted partners". Now if I want to cancel this "new contract" I will have to pay 1500 f...

Message 5 of 23

Odi
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Cleoriff and Jonsie for reply. 

Message 6 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Odi

Jason from MJ Aquisitions has absolutely nothing to do with this forum so telling you your posts will be cancelled is rubbish.

We have heard of others conned by this company into a contract they neither want or need. The name of Jason was mentioned in that post as well. He sounds like a nasty piece of work.

On one of your previous threads I have asked if our community managers @Martin-O2 @Marjo and @EmilieT can help in these exceptional circumstances.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 23

MI5
  • 144177 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You may not be able to complain to M&J but you can complain to O2 and the Ombudsman if that fails https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain but, wait to see if our community team can help you first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 23

Odi
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Cleoriff and M15 for your posts. I did call to complain about them to Ombudsman but they said that  because M&J Acquisition are NOT a communications company (only brokers) they were unable to help. They can only help to deal with complaints about communications companies that are signed up to an approved redress scheme. M&J are not on that list..

Message 9 of 23

MI5
  • 144177 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Read my post again mate....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 23