cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 620 - Zero Internet

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All, Appologies if this has been posted elswhere but I have searched and cannot find an answer.

I have a Lumia 620 - bought from an o2 shop, and I bought the sim at the same time. All activated, although I recently asked o2 to transfer my old o2 number and credit from my payg iphone 4, to the new phone. All done, but I cant access internet outside of my home wifi. Works ok at home via my sky broadband, but anywhere else (as in central London, Portsmouth etc etc) I get a dns error or that the server im trying to connect to is busy.

Been round and round in the settings, all set up for o2, 3g, roaming, I have "H" on the main screen so all as I would expect. I havent rung o2 yet as calling in the eve is a bit of drama as the experience hasnt been good (ill let you work that out).

Any pointers appreciated,

All the best.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers buddy, but no app on marketplace - googled it and it seems it was there, now isnt, then was, now gone again. Checked on the phone in marletplace, everything from angry birds to zorga the great but nothing that will make my internet explorer work via the o2 network, might have to concede defeat and ring o2. Joy. Cheers for your advice tho. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add, I get emails via my hotmail on the lumia (at random intervals) and texts - just cant access the web / facebook / maps etc.

Cheers all.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

...and now getting updates from facebook. All I cant get is internet explorer...any ideas folks?

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Check if you have an app called network setup and then follow the steps to set up for O2-UK.

You can download it fromm Marketplace if you don't have it.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers buddy, but no app on marketplace - googled it and it seems it was there, now isnt, then was, now gone again. Checked on the phone in marletplace, everything from angry birds to zorga the great but nothing that will make my internet explorer work via the o2 network, might have to concede defeat and ring o2. Joy. Cheers for your advice tho. 

Message 5 of 5