cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 1020 pre-orders shipped but put on hold???

almondslice
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I ordered a Lumia 1020 and was expecting the phone to arrive on the 25th as initially stated.

Surprisingly I received a despatch notice from O2 on the 15th and a text message from UKMail saying the phone would be delivered next day, 16th of September and it seems a lot of other people did too.

Now it seems UKMail have the phones but keep sending out 'delayed' text messages in the mornings and the delivery date gets adjusted to the following day. Can someone please tell me what's going on as no-one seems to have a clue. Have these been despatched by mistake and O2 have requested a hold until nearer the official date?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

what usually happens is that the parcels are assigned shipping ref and are held by o2 or courier until the launch day and then its delivered to you on said day.

hope it helps

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and Welcome to the forum,

You would need to ring o2 on 202 for clarification as we are All customers too.

Don't do this contact via Live Chat.
They are ok for low level enquires.
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same situation here. The delivery company (UKMail) says that they have "collected" the phone, but also that they "haven't received it yet" (!?#) and they've been sending me a text message each morning telling me that there has been a delay.

Just talked to O2 customer services, and they say that although they have the phone listed as "dispatched", their system shows it as being on back-order with no expected stock date.

Then they went away, and came back confirming that it definitely had shipped and would be with me by 2pm today (which is 45 mins time).

I'm not hopeful. I think they've raised all the ship orders and then realised that they're not supposed to be shipping the phone until the 25th (but i'd be delighted to be proved wrong!)

Nick.

Message 3 of 9

almondslice
  • 14 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I phoned O2 as advised ( Thanks ) rather than use the web chat and managed to get some more information but even then they were perplexed by the situation and I'm awaiting a call back with some more information.

I was told that there's even an IMEI assigned to my new account but there doesn't actually seem to be any handsets in stock which was one of the areas causing confusion as usually they're assigned once the devices are shipped out.

Also my billing period says from the 16th of October when I guess I was supposed to receive the device although obviously I suspect I won't have the handset or the sim card until the 25th.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome Almondslice.

Hope you get your phone ASAP.
Message 5 of 9

Salem874
  • 42 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You're not the only ones, it looks like everyone who pre-ordered the 1020 from O2 has had there order dispatched and then "delayed".

The UK release thread on WP Central has basically been overtaken by this issue.

I've contacted UK Mail and theyve confirmed the goods HAVE been received (despite some O2 Chat agents stating otherwise, as you'll see on the WP Central thread) but she seemed baffled as to the cause of the delay.

The person I spoke to at UK Mail was going to find out and ask if I could ring in an hours time.

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

what usually happens is that the parcels are assigned shipping ref and are held by o2 or courier until the launch day and then its delivered to you on said day.

hope it helps

Message 7 of 9

almondslice
  • 14 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks, that unofficial explaination helps . The delivery notice for the 16th and then the proceeding daily 'delay' texts didn't help matters. Oh and then the first bill dated from the 16th. Let's hope it's onwards and upwards.

Message 8 of 9

Salem874
  • 42 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, i'm sure this is usually the case, but it looks like O2 have "messed up" this time.

Dont get my wrong, I dont mind waiting til Wednesday, my issue is with the uncertaintly of when It will arrive. I have to take a days leave ot be home to receive the phone.

Having UK Mail contact me about delivery for yesterday on Monday, I rescheduled to Friday via text, which was confirmed. Only to now be told it may not be delivered then, with no one being able to tell me why or when it WILL be delivered.

So i could end up being off on Friday, for no reason as no phone turns up, then having to take a day off again next week!

Message 9 of 9