cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty discount

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I was wondering if O2 still gives a loyalty discount?    

I've been an O2 customer for ever (15+ years?) and used to receive a loyalty discount but have noticed that this is no longer on my monthly bill.   Any ideas?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Nope. More or less disappeared a couple of years ago. The only way you can get any sort of sizeable discount is if you're staff or that you have a friends & family discount through your company or organisation. You could always try retentions for a deal but unless you spend loads then they will call your bluff and give you your PAC if you threaten to leave. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Nope. More or less disappeared a couple of years ago. The only way you can get any sort of sizeable discount is if you're staff or that you have a friends & family discount through your company or organisation. You could always try retentions for a deal but unless you spend loads then they will call your bluff and give you your PAC if you threaten to leave. 

Message 2 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

A loyalty discount is usually given for a specific length of time, usually the length of a current contract. Any upgrade or change of tariff usually means the loyalty bonus  expires. To be honest I'm not sure O2 do the discount any longer.

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aha I thought that might be the case.  Thank you for responding so quickly.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Loyalty discounts are no longer available for staff to give customers. Not sure of the reason why.

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Loyalty discounts are no longer available for staff to give customers. Not sure of the reason why.

S wasn't it something to do with when they brought in the new tariffs last march

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

S wasn't it something to do with when they brought in the new tariffs last march

I'm really not sure, just know that they're not avaiable.  Having said that, seen some horrendous ones where people with o2 for less than a year suddently had a loyalty discount...

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

That annoys me when people slip through & receive things like that for less amount of time

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I like you had a loyalty discount which was only valid for 12 months when it dropped off I rung up customer service who couldn't add it back on but gave me the 50mms bolt on worth £5 a month with no end date so they do have some discretion 

Message 9 of 9