Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty discount on upgrade?

Mayden289
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My contract is up on 2/10/2020 so naturally I'm looking at a new phone. I've spoken to someone on web chat who told me to sit tight until that date as I'll be offered a "loyalty discount" on my upgrade.

I've got a great offer for the same phone etc with a different company with slightly less data, which is fine (who uses o2 masts so same coverage) and I'm trying to work out if it's going to be worth the apparent discount or not as it's a significant difference.

Does anyone know what this loyalty discount amounts to or how it's applied etc?

eg. the monthly payment would be £55p/m down with o2, but I can get what I want for £45 for 24months then down to £34 after... so a significant saving.

But if the o2 loyalty will get me near those prices, then I'd be happy to wait and see, but the lady on web chat couldn't tell me. Hoping you kind folks would have a clue. slight_smile

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35235 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, @Mayden289 - personally I'd go for what is available rather than the promise of something yet to come.

And historically, O2 has rarely offered incentive discounts, whereas resellers have (the reseller is paid by the phone manufacturer, and passes that on in the form of a discount or cashback). 

Good luck, whichever way you choose to go. 

Message 2 of 5

Celtic00xx14
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
They loyalty discount give u ur new contact alot cheaper and/or new model phone with no device plan I got the s8 on it last year got brand new plus my old contract was £37pcm my new one is £23 with unlimited calls/texts and 25 data but I hardly use the data and it gets rolled over to the next again month defo be worth waiting for the loyalty discount
Message 3 of 5

Mayden289
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's exactly how I feel right now, I just don't want to rush in when I'd really rather stay with o2. I just can't see them getting close to the offer available.

My partner is due an upgrade at the end of this month too, so the family thing might be worth looking at... but I still doubt the savings!

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Mayden289 

Family plan discount info here https://www.o2.co.uk/family-plan

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5