Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous

Loyalty bonus

Hi all, does anyone know what the O2 definition of Loyalty Bonus is? I have tried online chat and also spoke to a manager about this with no success. I moved from PAYG to pay monthly and kept my number as I thought the prospect of a Loyalty Bonus was worth staying with them. I have not received anything and I have been with them since BT Cellnet days with the same number. I was going to go to another provider for monthly but the bonus swayed me. PAYG had O2 rewards which in no way is the same as Loyalty.

Any answers much appreciated

Anonymous

Re: Loyalty bonus

Never heard of a Loyalty Bonus as such. What where you promised?

Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Do you mean O2 Rewards?

http://www.o2.co.uk/o2rewards

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Anonymous

Hi

This is what it says on the website:

I'm moving from O2 Pay & Go to O2 Pay Monthly

Moving your number from O2 Pay & Go to O2 Pay Monthly is simple. We'll also transfer any credit as well as any loyalty bonus (up to £350).

Loyalty Bonus to me would mean just that for sticking with o2. No mention of it being like rewards at all. I can not find a definition of it anywhere and as I said advisors couldnt either. I was told today that because I am not on PAYG anymore, they are different from  monthly and details do not get passed on like years you have been with them. And then because I have taken it out online that is another department again!

Its all very confusing and frustrating and I feel its just a way to put you off asking. I choose to stay with o2 and now I am tied into a 2 yr contract which was not my first option. I also advised a friend that this would be a good deal.  Now I feel really foolish.

Any help out there?

Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

You have 14 days to change your mind remember.

A PM to one of the Social Media team might get you a better result.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Anonymous

OK. To transfer a loyalty bonus you would have had to have one on PAYG and the only one I know about was the £1 you got back for topping up with £10. 

When I transferred I got my balance plus around £7 stashed away put against my monthly bill.

I can only assume this is what they mean.

Anonymous

Hi,

This info found on the o2 website may help:

'We'll then transfer your loyalty bonus. It takes us a little while to calculate so we'll credit this to your 4th bill.'

Anonymous

I should add that the loyalty bonus is what allows pay and go customers to get a discount on handset upgrades. I'm not sure how it's calculated but I think it's a combination of how long you've been with them and how much you've spent in top-ups.

Hope that helps.