Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

Loyal customer

Hello.

I've been with O2 since the mid 90's. And on PAYG and the same number for some 10, 11 years. I've never taken any offers or upgraded. But I want to jump on the 3G bandwagon and my trusty P990i has seen better days. So, I've checked the coverage for my area and O2 is looking a little patchy. Whereas other networks like 3 and Orange have full 3G coverage. So what I'm wondering is what are O2 like for customer retention and are they bothered about retaining PAYG customers. I'd like to stay with O2 but if the 3G is as bad as the map looks and they don't offer any enticements to stay. I'll be porting over to another provider.

Cheers.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Loyal customer

Will really depend which handset you are after.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Loyal customer

hmm yeah to be honest I've not even thought about that. But anythings gotta be better than my 5 year old P990i. Tho to be fair It's been an excellent phone Smiley Happy

But I guess something that would make for a reasonable experience when browsing on 3G.
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Loyal customer

Check your sim to see if it says 3G in the number, if not get one from O2 and transfer your number to it as the P990i is a 3G phone.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

Loyal customer

My sim card is so old It's only 2G. I've only ever had access to GPRS.
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Loyal customer

As I said, ask O2 for a new one.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1