Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowering my tariff

luck
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
For a while I’ve been trying to lower the amount of data I get each month and obviously lowering my tariff. I currently get 25GB and I only use around 10-15 each month. I pay £48 a month as this includes unlimited calls and texts but it’s starting to be a bit too expensive for me and I would really like to change the data.

However each time I’ve talked to a Guru they say I’m only the lowest tariff and they’re unable to do anything. This has been through the Guru chat on the website. Would it make a difference if I called them?

My only other option according to them is to buy out which would be around £400 but all I want to do is lower the amount of data I receive 😞

Details: iPhone 8 Plus
End of contract date: 28/05/20

Thanks in advance slight_smile
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@luck 

You should be able to flex your tariff if you meet these rules https://www.o2.co.uk/refresh/flexible-tariffs

Calling is always the best option - 202 from your O2 phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@luck 

You should be able to flex your tariff if you meet these rules https://www.o2.co.uk/refresh/flexible-tariffs

Calling is always the best option - 202 from your O2 phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

luck
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I don’t think I do as I got my phone etc through carphone warehouse so don’t think they do the refresh contract? Will call tomorrow when I get the chance and hopefully I’ll work something out! Thankyou slight_smile
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unfortunately you do have to be on refresh, so you won't be eligible.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4