Did you mean: 

Lots of calls recently from unknown, 0203 and 0208 numbers

bwfcmad21
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

Just recently i have had an influx of calls from 0203, 0208 and unknown number calls on my mobile all between 1 and 5 pm in the day time. I never really use to get many of these but is this something that is affecting lots of other people or is it just me that seems to be getting a lot more calls now of this type? Some i have managed to google and determine that they are just bogus calls but some don't associate with any searches.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Community_STS_PAC2.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png
Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@bwfcmad21 If you don't recognise the number, don't answer and let it go to voicemail. If it's a legitimate call they will leave a message. If not, you can block the number. You can usually do this within your phone's settings, or there are many apps that will also do the trick.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@bwfcmad21 If you don't recognise the number, don't answer and let it go to voicemail. If it's a legitimate call they will leave a message. If not, you can block the number. You can usually do this within your phone's settings, or there are many apps that will also do the trick.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hi Lots of people getting these. Personally I've been getting 2 a day from both these area codes. As fast as I block them they change number. I never answer but wait until they hang up then block them so they don't think it's a live number. 

You may want to look at your marketing preferences in My O2 but it's already too  late because either O2 or their untrustworthy partners have long since sold on their data base. 

Message 3 of 16

bwfcmad21
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a list of over 50 numbers so far in my blacklist on my phone but i was more interested in if this was something that was becoming more of a nuisance just latley for people. I don't answer the calls and add them to a blocked list as they never leave a voicemail but it is a little annoying to have my phone buzzing away with these inconvienient calls. when i google 0203 numbers some seem to point to China but my phone says its uk based number

Message 4 of 16

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@bwfcmad21 Sorry to say it's a common occurrence, and something everyone pretty much has to put up with. If your number is now out there, you have the option to change it once for free, and make sure your marketing preferences don't allow your new number to be circulated.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 16

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I automatically block any London number. I know no one there and this all changed recently (within the last 3 weeks) so although I reset my preferences when O2 'accidentally' reset everyone's marketing preferences to the default tick every frickin box,the damage was already done. You sure ain't alone! 

Message 6 of 16

bwfcmad21
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It's just something to know that there are others getting the same issues and I have considered changing the number but at the moment I don't feel it has got as bad as that but like you said I do have the option down the line. It's a shame registering with TPS and things make no difference to this kind of call
Message 7 of 16

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@bwfcmad21 Unfortunately, the scammers have figured out a way to make a call not originating in the UK look like it is. There's nothing TPS can do to prevent them calling. It could be coming from anywhere.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I get this too & just block the number. Can’t eveb change my marketing preferences in myo2. Thanks for that O2
Message 9 of 16

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

A bit pointless actually changing them now. I'm sure that O2 don't pass on your preferences to their trusted (a misnomer if there ever was!) partners.

Message 10 of 16