Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Lost phone/ upgrade no happy customer

:robotsurprised: I appoligise in advance for my rant but i'm not happy with the service i have been getting from o2.
I currntly have home phone and internet plus 2 mobiles with o2 which costs about £150per month!! I lost my samsung phone, called o2 and asked could they give me a replacement phone, i was told as i don't have insurance then they can't do anything for me. Fair enough. I thought as i am due a upgrade soon they would be able to upgrade early as i am a "gold" customer called them up again to get a new phone 2 weeks early and they said they can't do anything until my renewal date you thinks as i give them £150 per month they could bend the rules a bit.
Anonymous

Re: Lost phone/ upgrade no happy customer

Smiley Surprisedops: I appoligise in advance for my rant but i'm not happy with the service i have been getting from o2.
I currntly have home phone and internet plus 2 mobiles with o2 which costs about £150per month!! I lost my samsung phone, called o2 and asked could they give me a replacement phone, i was told as i don't have insurance then they can't do anything for me. Fair enough. I thought as i am due a upgrade soon they would be able to upgrade early as i am a "gold" customer called them up again to get a new phone 2 weeks early and they said they can't do anything until my renewal date you thinks as i give them £150 per month they could bend the rules a bit.

So, if they bend the rules for you, then are they going to bend them for the next person that calls up?
You really aren't looking at the bigger picture here. o2 has millions of customers, some of them are paying much more than you. Companies need to treat every customer fairly and with the same level of service otherwise everything starts to come apart..."you did this for my mate, how come you won't do it for me?" etc etc.
Just do what most of us would need to do and buy the cheapest o2 pay and go phone you can get to put your sim card in. There are 3 phones you can pick from on the o2 website that are £13 and have free next day delivery (2 LG's one Samsung).
Anonymous

Smiley Surprisedops: I appoligise in advance for my rant but i'm not happy with the service i have been getting from o2.

Darren,
Nobody is ever happy with any company, if they don't get what they want.
Similarly to what canwefixit said, there isn't any point in having rules if they are going to be broken repeatedly.
Some would say that to lose a Samsung is a blessing.....but in all seriousnes, what phone did you lose and how long have you left in your contract?
Anonymous

Very true canwefixit. I can upgrade from the 5th dec so i suppose i could just wait a week and a half and order myself a nice iphone 4
Anonymous

Very true canwefixit. I can upgrade from the 5th dec so i suppose i could just wait a week and a half and order myself a nice iphone 4

It'll be worth the wait, its a fantastic phone Smiley Happy
Anonymous

Now you are talking! Quality bit of kit, if you want a mobile phone.
Anonymous

You can upgrade early to an iPhone, however you will have to buy out the rest of your contract, this doesn't include your three month early upgrade, so you would have a few months to pay.