cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my SIM card, just been on with live chat to order new one

Anonymous
Not applicable

Topic.

I had to take my Galaxy S3 in to be repaired (again!) last Thursday to the O2 store in Meadowhall, had to remove the SIM card with all my numbers from the phone, which I put into the back of my wallet, the SIM card has now been somehow lost.

I have turned the Flat literally upside down looking for the thing as it's got several very important numbers on it, but to no avail.

Anyway, I've just been on with live chat (yes, I know everyone moans about them but they're good in some cases) and ordered a new SIM and put a bar on the original, which I am to ring up and remove if by some miracle I find it before next week.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Are your numbers backed up to Google or Kies?

No.

I can't get Kies to work on my PC, and I don't know how to use Google back up, I only have 2 Gmail accounts because I use them for Youtube.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
When you receive your replacement SIM card be sure to ring o2 to make sure the bar has been properly removed from your o2 account or your services will not properly come back when you insert it into the phone.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Topic.

I had to take my Galaxy S3 in to be repaired (again!) last Thursday to the O2 store in Meadowhall, had to remove the SIM card with all my numbers from the phone, which I put into the back of my wallet, the SIM card has now been somehow lost.

I have turned the Flat literally upside down looking for the thing as it's got several very important numbers on it, but to no avail.

Anyway, I've just been on with live chat (yes, I know everyone moans about them but they're good in some cases) and ordered a new SIM and put a bar on the original, which I am to ring up and remove if by some miracle I find it before next week.

Just something to check, login to gmail on a computer, then on the left hand side where it shows "Gmail" under the Google logo, click this and change to Contacts, you may find they have been automatically synched to google.

Or login to google and click the following link:

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?shva=1#contacts

Fingers crossed they are there!

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Topic.

Just something to check, login to gmail on a computer, then on the left hand side where it shows "Gmail" under the Google logo, click this and change to Contacts, you may find they have been automatically synched to google.

Or login to google and click the following link:

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?shva=1#contacts

Fingers crossed they are there!

There are contacts on my Google account, but not the ones from my phone as I never backed those up on Google as I don't know how.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you logged into Google on your phone (ie to download apps off Play) then the phone is sync automatically with your Google account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7