Did you mean: 

Lost mobile phone in Buenos Aires

Bex101
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I lost my personal uk iPhone 7 mobile in Buenos Aires yesterday. I’m now in Iguazu Falls with no mobile coverage to call on my work mobile so can not call to report the loss. can you please stop the account. 

Thank you 

Rebecca Spark

[personal information removed. As the community is a public space it will be indexed by search engines like Google, please, for your own security, don’t post phone numbers or other personal details]

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Bex101 Various ways to report lost and stolen devices in this link https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/...

Please follow the advice shown. This isn't customer services so you need to remove personal details as well.

Bearing in mind the time difference... you should complete the web form and then back this up with contact to live chat...

"The loss must be reported to O2 within 24 hours. That way, the customer can only be held liable for any charges up to the point of reporting or a maximum liability of £100".

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Bex101 Various ways to report lost and stolen devices in this link https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/...

Please follow the advice shown. This isn't customer services so you need to remove personal details as well.

Bearing in mind the time difference... you should complete the web form and then back this up with contact to live chat...

"The loss must be reported to O2 within 24 hours. That way, the customer can only be held liable for any charges up to the point of reporting or a maximum liability of £100".

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Bex101,

Sorry to hear about your phone. Please follow @Cleoriff advice and report it asap not only to O2 but to the police too. As she said, the O2 community is a group of customers like you, we are not Customer Service.

Good luck and let us know if  there’s anything else we can do for you Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 3 of 3