Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost coverage for 2 days and counting

lojelo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My wife and myself have been on a new contract for 2 weeks we have lost 4 days full coverage between us. Her phone started working again the other day but I lost coverage on Friday 28th at 2:30pm. I've checked the service status and it says there is a mast down in my area but the wife still has a connection with her phone. 

I went out today to a different area but still my phone didn't receive any coverage, the wife has been stuck in the house now for 4 weeks after an operation but she still has full coverage!

Surely if I went to another area my phone would connect straight away but no and I'm getting no help from customer support at all.

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lojelo
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi 

Just fixed my issue

When my wife's phone stopped received txt and incoming calls o2 sent out a new sim for her but seeing as we didn't need it because it started working again we didn't use it. Though I have just now been told for some strange reason they deactivated the sim on my phone! I have just put the sim sent for her phone into my phone and it's worked straight away  <shakes head> why I wasn't told this on Friday I don't know.

Thanks for all the advice

lojelo

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144136 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@lojelo
Have you restarted your phone since the outage?

There are also some things to try here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-can-I-sort-out-my-network-issues/ba-p/1014088

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @lojelo, sorry to hear that you've been having problems with coverage. Any help from the reply above from @MI5? Let us know how you're getting on.

Message 3 of 7

lojelo
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MI5 

I have tried all of the mentioned fixes but still nothing, I tried my sim in 3 seperate phones.

@Marjo

Yes I am still having problems, again I have been out to another area today at least 15miles away from where I live and I stopped right next to a mast. My phone was turned off and back on again I sat there for 20mins and it still didn't connect. The mast in my area is about 30mtrs from our house and I haven't seen any engineers near it since my phone went down on Friday. 

The thing is like I said in my original post since we started this new contract on the 10th September 8 days into the contract my wifes phone stopped receiving txt & incoming calls but could send and call out. This was fixed on the 29th September then on the 30th my phone had no coverage at all but the funny thing is her phone still has full coverage. I've been out every day trying to get coverage and haven't had any, her phone which has been in the house for the last several weeks still has full coverage! surely her's is still running off the same mast as mine was.

Thanks

lojelo

Message 4 of 7

lojelo
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi 

Just fixed my issue

When my wife's phone stopped received txt and incoming calls o2 sent out a new sim for her but seeing as we didn't need it because it started working again we didn't use it. Though I have just now been told for some strange reason they deactivated the sim on my phone! I have just put the sim sent for her phone into my phone and it's worked straight away  <shakes head> why I wasn't told this on Friday I don't know.

Thanks for all the advice

lojelo

Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144136 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
I was just about to Say it was a SIM fault and trying alternative Sims is mentioned in the troubleshooting guide I posted too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Morning @lojelo, that's great to hear, glad it's finally sorted for you! slight_smile

Message 7 of 7