cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have a bit of a delimma.  I had my phone stolen on Friday night, have called up, had it cancelled etc.  Got a new sim sent out today and now I want to go and get a new phone, using the 'upgrade' option.  All straight forward, right?  Wrong.  

The phone is on my wife's account, which means she has two phones.  She went to the O2 shop and they refused to give her one, despite her trying to hand them £300 to do so, due to her not having ID, with it sent away and potentially taking six months before she'll receive it back.  She was told to call O2 and they'll get her one.  They couldn't do so either as they said, a code has to be sent to the sim card etc.

So now that I have the sim card, can I put it in my wife's phone, go to the O2 shop and say I want to upgrade my phone?  Would that suffice or should I stay in limbo, paying for the contract with no phone?  

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Incorrect advice and a little lack of id  has certainly caused you many problems. One week on I hope everything gets sorted tomorrow for you. It's been frustrating without a doubt .

Message 21 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank all.  Well let's just hope I can order one tomorrow and get date when I get delivery.

Message 22 of 29

MI5
  • 144355 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

and get date when I get delivery.

I expect this will be the next problem you encounter, judging by what others have reported 😞

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 29

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

and get date when I get delivery.

I expect this will be the next problem you encounter, judging by what others have reported 😞

No good news on this aspect of delivery.....

Message 24 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank all.  Well let's just hope I can order one tomorrow and get date when I get delivery.

The very best of luck. 

Message 25 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I must have been living in fantasy land with leprechauns and fairies as I thought if I lost my phone, I simply went to the shop, handed over money and got a new one.  

I think that's all.  I'm going for a ride on my flying pink elephant.  

Oh @Anonymous I read your long post and have nothing but admiration for your persistence (in the face of such adversity).  Then I read the last three lines and laughed out loud. I hope all gets settled soon. Please come back and let us know. I hope you stick around on the forum ....your sense of humour is so welcome LOL

I hope you enjoyed your ride on that flying pink elephant...Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I ordered my phone last night and it said next day delivery, if before 10pm.  Upon purchasing, my delivery is on Monday, four days later.  

My husband will be back at work on Monday, having been off for the week due to the beating he had but at least I'll be able to contact him, considering I'm heavily pregnant and might go into labour any moment...oh wait, I won't, even though I started the process of getting a new phone a week ago.  Great.

Well I'm sure I'll get in contact with him somehow, let's just hope the hospital don't ask me for ID, to prove the baby inside me is mine.

Message 27 of 29

MI5
  • 144355 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

let's just hope the hospital don't ask me for ID, to prove the baby inside me is mine.

Just show them the new O2 phone as proof - They'll understand fully Smiley LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure!

Message 29 of 29