cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing will to live with swap sim on Samsung Galaxy III mini

Anonymous
Not applicable
On on 3rd phone in 2 weeks. Each time the SIM swap has not worked. Gurus all say it is a faulty phone as the sim works when reinserted in old phone (Nokia Lumia). Surely I cannot have had 3 faulty new phones!!! Any ideas
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and Welcome to the Forum @Anonymous ,

I agree it would be rare to be unlucky enough to get x3 faulty phones in a row.

Are you getting no network connection at all.

ie the o2 logo does not appear or is it texts or data thats not connecting.

Check your service status here if you are getting network connection http://status.o2.co.uk/

If you visit the o2 store they can perform a sim swap for you in store.

Try a hard reset on your phone to return it to factory conditions {perform a backup to save your saved data}

http://www.hard-reset.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-mini-hard-reset.html

Do you have a payg o2 sim card just to try in your phone ?

A process of elimination as if the payg does not work then the phone is at issue.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for response. Status check says all good (other O2 phones working fine in household and as I said the SIM works when reinserted in old phone). Hard reset already done before posting here. Do not have a payg SIM to try. Will go into a O2 shop. This is a ridiculous situation...over 2 weeks and 3 phones (& 2 new SIMs) and still nothing.......Vodafone is looking very appealing t this point.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're Welcome.

Good Morning,

I can understand that the other network would look "very appealing" at the moment if you're not getting network service.

Ask the o2 shop for an account specific blank sim card and ask them to perform the sim swap while your in the store as directed.

Ask them to try a payg sim in the phone for you to see if connection happens. 

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Check that "Airplane Mode" is disabled.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5