cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to cancel airtime on a new contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
My friend has taken out a Samsung on a contract, the device is £30 monthly and she has an expensive airtime plan too. We have decided to go to Australia - so the airtime is now no use to her whatsoever, but she has already had the contract for about a month, so can't cancel. Basically she could be paying for a UK airtime plan for two years that she won't be able to use.

Is there any way she can cancel the airtime plan, but still pay for the phone monthly?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122830 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Look at this...Only way to cancel Refresh contracts with O2 if you are out of cooling off period

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/hig...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122830 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Look at this...Only way to cancel Refresh contracts with O2 if you are out of cooling off period

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/hig...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

If it's a Refresh contract, the only way to cancel the air time is to pay off the device in full. You can't do it the other way around.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Pay off the device plan and cancel the airtime for free and the phone is then yours to do as you wish with.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

She can download TU and use her allowances overseas over wifi. Get the phone unlocked and she can also use a local sim along with TU.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

If she wants to keep the number, you should be able to port to a pay as you go, but (I assume) only once the device is paid off and her final bill is paid. That said check if you have to make calls etc to keep it active not sure what the timescales are now.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
A chargeable call once every 6 months and a top up every 999 days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7