Did you mean: 

Looking To Get Phone Unlocked Urgently

ParticleMan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi

I am looking to get my phone unlocked as a matter of great urgency as going abroad on Tuesday at short notice.

I have filled out form to request this but says can take up to 7 days.

I would be extremely grateful if someone can assist me to get this done today or tomorrow.

Kind Regards

ParticleMan
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

All we can do is ask !

@EmilieT ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

When will the unlocking issues be sorted out? Surely they must try to address this issue now? We see unlocking problems that @EmilieT has to assist with on a daily basis (not her remit, surely?) and it begs the question, if she can do it with the aid of a Guru, then why cannot some Guru deal with all the requests.

I am left wondering just how many customers who aren't community members are having the exact same problem and have either given up all hope of getting their device unlocked or are left angry and frustrated by the seemingly useless methods of requesting an unlock that are being ignored.

This is just one of the many issues that let down O2 and their fast diminishing customer service reputation.

Message 3 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@ParticleMan How long ago did you fill out the form? Nothing gets done at O2 on the weekends. Welcome to O2 in the 21st Century.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

ParticleMan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi

I filled out form 2-3 hours ago. Got automated reply giving code but no use as asking me to use another network SIM which I do not have.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

ParticleMan
Message 5 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@ParticleMan Can you borrow a friend's sim who's on another network? Either that or go into another network store or Carphone Warehouse and get a Pay & Go sim from another network.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The nly way you can unlock is by inserting anther network sim. Readily avaible from suermarkets etc or order free online from any of the networks. You don't have to top up any of them.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@EmilieT stand down.

Not required to help here thanks, unlock already completed.

@ParticleMan the unlock process is fully described here  https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8