cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long press 1 for dial voicemail

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I configure the long press of "1" to access voicemail. I have been ill for a few weeks and it worked before but now I can only use 901.

If I long press the 1 now, I just get a message saying "To set up voicemail, go to Menu > Settings" without actually mentioning which of the myriad of settings I should try.

Thanks

DrT

PS I did search for the answer first in case anybody suggests doing that, LOL.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Ah...Lollipop !!
It regularly deletes the VM number.... Smiley Frustrated
From the phone app, hit menu (the 3 dots) then select configurations. Then "calling configurations". Then "voicemail"  and again "configuration". Then enter your voicemail number.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a help link about voicemail http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/m-p...

Which phone do you have as you should be able to set up the shortcut in its settings.
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous what phone do you have as them we can assist you more if we know what handset it is
Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Open the phone app then hit menu and choose settings.
Scroll down to voicemail settings and you will be able to add 901 to the settings.
Remember to press "done" or "save" when complete.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for forgetting to list my phone.I had just come back to add that info and see that many had already kindly replied.

It is the Nexus 5 with Android 5.0.1 installed.

None of the solutions mentioned so far help.

Mni tnx,

DrT

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll kindky leave you to the android expert here @MI5 hope you get your issue resolved
Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Ah...Lollipop !!
It regularly deletes the VM number.... Smiley Frustrated
From the phone app, hit menu (the 3 dots) then select configurations. Then "calling configurations". Then "voicemail"  and again "configuration". Then enter your voicemail number.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks mate, that did it. But the menu headings were quite different from the ones that you gave.

It was 3 dots, settings, call settings (in smaller print underneith "voicemail, call waiting and others"), voicemail, setup, voicemail number (where I entered 901).

Mni mni tnx,

DrT

Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No worries - I don't have anything with standard lollipop on it to check so I had to try and guess what the settings might be.
At least it got you in the right area..... slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your help is REALLY appreciated.

DrT

Message 10 of 13