cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lolly

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I cancel my contract , I have no problem at all but didn't realise my contract ended in June , need a new phone please.
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

You should give O2 30 days notice. However here is a help thread that should assist you

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Phone O2 on 202 which is Customer services.

Ask for an upgrade if you want another phone.
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

You should give O2 30 days notice. However here is a help thread that should assist you

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Go to your My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 and upgrade your phone in there.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have heard recently of people who have upgraded online then not having their handset delivered by couriers or phone showing instock and then going out of stock after ordering.

Therefore if you have a local O2 HighStreet store perhaps visit one and upgrade instore and walk out with the phone if it's instock.

If not having the Refresh Tariff isn't a deal breaker then perhaps Carphone Warehouse who can offer standard O2 24 month contracts and more choice on phones.

All that and you can have a go with the working demo models in a store too to try and make sure you like it.
Message 5 of 6

KaySquidge
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If your contract ended in June then you don't really need to "cancel" anything. You are put on a rolling contract whereby O2 continues to provide the same services with the same price for as long as you will have it. You can upgrade at any time by walking into an O2 store and finding a suitable phone and sim plan according to your needs. 

For example, my phone contract ended in June as well but I didn't want to upgrade at the time so I was basically downgraded to a sim-only contract as I have repaid the cost of my phone over the contract period and are now only meant to be paying my sim plan. It was sort of like changing contracts but I was told I would be going into a 30 day agreement that can be upgraded at any time if I change my mind and want a new phone. At which point I will be entering a new contract depending on the phone I want to get. 

Explore your options and compare prices to find one that suits you.

Message 6 of 6