Did you mean: 

Locked out of my Samsung S20

snapman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I was using mu phone as normal, pessed the power button to lock the screen, put it in my pocket, then later on I went to use it. The screen says, "Swipe to unlock", whick I did, only to be rewarded with a password screen 'For my security. The password must contain at least 4 characters,including at least 1 letter'.

Now my screen unlock password is just numbers, so I've no idea what password this screen is looking for! I can only make emergency calls now. Is there a default password to unlock the S20?

Right now, it seems I'll have to wait until my phone runs out of battery, as I can't take the back off to remove the battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

snapman

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10173 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions
Sometimes it happens where something in your pocket can catch the screen.. and it just one of those things im afraid.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 11 of 17

bigdavie88
Level 9: Fired up
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions
I have the s20. The power button option to power the phone off needs to be changed in settings but you will obviously need to get into the phone first. To get the restart option press and hold the power button and the volume down button and you should get the power off, restart options.
Message 12 of 17

snapman
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unfortunately, when I carry out the button procedure, click on either reset or power off, it automatically goes to the security login screen. The password I've set in case the biometrics options don't work, well, that password doesn't work on this screen. it's a different password screen from the normal I get.

Message 13 of 17

bigdavie88
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions
You will need to do a factory reset via the android menu however when you setup the phone again it will ask you to sign in to the last google account that was active on the phone so you will need to know your google details.

Instruction video below:

https://youtu.be/7YIhqQ9Aig8
Message 14 of 17

snapman
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@bigdavie88  Thanks for that YouTube tutorial. I now have access to my phone again. I managed to setup the security password to login part that was always popping up. It's still popping up, but at least I can get access to my phone since I set a new password. I need to work out why I need to type this password in all the time at the moment. Thanks again for the factory reset option mate. thumbsup

Message 15 of 17

bigdavie88
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions

Your welcome @snapman 

As for the password issue it sounds like you have setup face recognition which prompts you for your password every 24 hours or 4 hours without using your phone for this length of time. This is a security feature of this type of lock.

If you change it from face recognition to fingerprint it will do same after 72 hours.

Only way to stop it is to turn off biometrics all together to do this you need to turn it off in the screen lock setting.

Message 16 of 17

bigdavie88
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions

This is in the fingerprints biometrics settingScreenshot_20200624-233255_Settings.jpg

Message 17 of 17