Did you mean: 

Locked out of my Samsung S20

snapman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I was using mu phone as normal, pessed the power button to lock the screen, put it in my pocket, then later on I went to use it. The screen says, "Swipe to unlock", whick I did, only to be rewarded with a password screen 'For my security. The password must contain at least 4 characters,including at least 1 letter'.

Now my screen unlock password is just numbers, so I've no idea what password this screen is looking for! I can only make emergency calls now. Is there a default password to unlock the S20?

Right now, it seems I'll have to wait until my phone runs out of battery, as I can't take the back off to remove the battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

snapman

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bigdavie88
Level 9: Fired up
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions
You will need to do a factory reset via the android menu however when you setup the phone again it will ask you to sign in to the last google account that was active on the phone so you will need to know your google details.

Instruction video below:

https://youtu.be/7YIhqQ9Aig8

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@snapman 

Try continually entering the wrong password until it asks you to login with your Google account details.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10156 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
If you dont get the Google Account prompt @snapman the only other option is to hard reset the phone..

NOTE: THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DEVICE AND EVERYTHING ON IT, inlcuding SMS, Emails, Photos and Apps. you will have to set it up as a brand new phone.

Full instructions are here
https://thedroidguy.com/hard-reset-galaxy-s20-1123737
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 17

snapman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried that, but it keeps going to a countdown timer until I can try again. No mention of entering my google mail details 😞

Message 4 of 17

snapman
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've also tried the power off option. Again, it goes straight to the countdown timer to try the password again. I won't shut down!

Message 5 of 17

snapman
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Srooy, it will restart, but it's straight back to the security password option 😞

Message 6 of 17

snapman
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Apologies for my spelling, I'm trying to type too fast as this is winding me up big time! lol

Message 7 of 17

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10156 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
Did you try the nuclear option @snapman which is to factory reset the device.

This isnt a device issued by your company is it?
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 17

snapman
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've tried the factory reset option, but that requires the device to be able to be powered off. I can't power it off without entering this password that I haven't set!
Message 9 of 17

snapman
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's looking like I'll need to wait until the battery drains, then try the factory reset then. I've no idea how this has happened as I've not downloaded anything on my phone today that would introduce malware.

Message 10 of 17