Did you mean: 

Locate IMEI

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

Hey Folks,

You will notice ive been away the last few days, well thats because my phone is either lost, or been lifted at my local. Anyway, I have been to the O2 shop and done a sim swap etc. I am getting info together for making a claim on the insurance (via my bank) but cant find my IMEI number. Box seems to have got tossed with all the other xmas boxes. I signed into myo2 assuming it would be there, but its showing the one currently in use with the new sim. Do you think if i called O2 they would be able to look back and find the IMEI?

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 1 of 31
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Cheers folks.

I got the IMEI from my Microsoft account under devices. Spotted this when trying to use the remote wipe feature.

Phone must be off as it can't connect to it, or it's already been wiped by the new "owner"
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium

View solution in original post

Message 29 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125924 Posts
  • 841 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

I would think CS will have a record of it somewhere. Surprised it changed so quickly in My O2 if honest.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 31

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Hi @Curr946. If you signed up to your current contract digitally, there should be a copy of the agreement in the My Documents section of your MyO2 account. The device IMEI number will be on it also

Message 3 of 31

jonsie
  • 93978 Posts
  • 621 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Surely you would have to register the IMEI with the bank initially. Every time i change my mobile I have to update my bank details. But yes, O2 will have a record of the IMEI and it should be on any receipt you have.

Message 4 of 31

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Surely you would have to register the IMEI with the bank initially. Every time i change my mobile I have to update my bank details. But yes, O2 will have a record of the IMEI and it should be on any receipt you have.

Nationwide Flexplus doesn't require registration....but it may help a claim if it is.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 5 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 125924 Posts
  • 841 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

Nationwide Flexplus doesn't require registration....but it may help a claim if it is.

Good point @Beenherebefore. I have a FlexPlus account with 'free mobile insurance' It covers both mine and my husbands devices. They have never asked for the IMEI....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 31

jonsie
  • 93978 Posts
  • 621 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 7 of 31

jonsie
  • 93978 Posts
  • 621 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

I've hjad this account 2 years....maybe it's changed since you opened your accounts but now they want the IMEI.

Message 8 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 125924 Posts
  • 841 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I have a FlexPlus account and had tad to register the IMEI....?

Capture.JPG

Blimey...going to get onto them when I get home !!...:smileytongue:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 31

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/flexplus/insurances-and-benefits#xtab:mobile-p...

"No need to register your mobile details

No need to register your phone up front, but it can make things simpler if you do need to make a claim"

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 10 of 31