Did you mean: 

Locate IMEI

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

Hey Folks,

You will notice ive been away the last few days, well thats because my phone is either lost, or been lifted at my local. Anyway, I have been to the O2 shop and done a sim swap etc. I am getting info together for making a claim on the insurance (via my bank) but cant find my IMEI number. Box seems to have got tossed with all the other xmas boxes. I signed into myo2 assuming it would be there, but its showing the one currently in use with the new sim. Do you think if i called O2 they would be able to look back and find the IMEI?

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

jonsie
  • 93978 Posts
  • 680 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

I respectfully ask you to try and register another mobile with them. It won't allow you now to register without entering the IMEI. Fact.

Message 11 of 31

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I respectfully ask you to try and register another mobile with them. It won't allow you now to register without entering the IMEI. Fact.

That link is from the current web page for Flexplus.......there is no requirement to register a mobile according to that link therefore no IMEI is needed to be entered. If you do wish to register then obviously they need an IMEI.

I'll ask for verification via their logged in secure message system.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 12 of 31

jonsie
  • 93978 Posts
  • 680 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

You can register a claim without entering the IMEI if you haven't registered. When registering a claim it will then request your IMEI

However, if you want to register your mobile you cannot do so without entering the IMEI. I know for certain because I've just tried to register my second mobile with them and you get a red error message stating the IMEI needs to be entered.

Message 13 of 31

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93978 Posts
  • 680 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

This may all be irrelevant anyway because I don't think @Curr946 works for Nationwide or banks with them Thoughful

Message 14 of 31

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

You can register a claim without entering the IMEI if you haven't registered. When registering a claim it will then request your IMEI

However, if you want to register your mobile you cannot do so without entering the IMEI.

OK....we now agree !

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 15 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 125927 Posts
  • 1016 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

However, if you want to register your mobile you cannot do so without entering the IMEI. I know for certain because I've just tried to register my second mobile with them and you get a red error message stating the IMEI needs to be entered.

Ok then for clarification here as I have a Flexplus account. I haven't registered either mobile from my household ...BUT if they were lost or stolen... the IMEI is in MyO2 so I would get it from there in order to make a claim? Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 125927 Posts
  • 1016 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

This may all be irrelevant anyway because I don't think @Curr946 works for Nationwide or banks with them Thoughful

Not irrelevant ....as some of us have Nationwide Flexplus accounts linked with mobile insurance and found out what's what......Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 31

jonsie
  • 93978 Posts
  • 680 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Ok then for clarification here as I have a Flexplus account. I haven't registered either mobile from my household ...BUT if they were lost or stolen... the IMEI is in MyO2 so I would get it from there in order to make a claim? Confused

Correct Handshake

....but I prefer to be prepared in advance Banana

Message 18 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 125927 Posts
  • 1016 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@PhoneDoc wrote:

Hi @Curr946. If you signed up to your current contract digitally, there should be a copy of the agreement in the My Documents section of your MyO2 account. The device IMEI number will be on it also

Bringing this back on topic...I haven't been able to find a My Documents section in My O2 @PhoneDoc ?

I have looked this morning and the only section I can find of relevance is this....

MyOrders.JPG

If you click on the highlighted part..... it will bring up current and previous orders. If you further click on previous...the full details of those can be accessed......

Navigating round My O2 is a nightmare at the best of times...but this was the only way I could find info on any previous orders...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 31

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Didn't realise how convoluted it is to navigate to this section, but if you:

• Select your device/mobile number
  • Select the 'Device Plan' tab towards the top of the screen
  • Select 'View Device Plan (credit agreement) at the bottom of this page
  • Select 'My Documents' in the left hand side of this page
  • All your credit agreements with O2 will be available to download here. If you took out the contract in the past year, since they've been signed up to digitally, your Airtime Agreement would be here as well. It's the Airtime Agreement that will have the original IMEI number.

Failing that you can ask CS for Proof of Purchase and they'll post that out to you with all the details you need.

Hope this helps

Message 20 of 31