Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Loads of questions about contract

Hiya

I have just signed up through Tesco Contract Mobile Phones for a £15 a month 100 free mins/ unlimited texts package. Can anyone tell me what I would be charged extra for? I know the internet is one, but what about connecting to Nokia Maps or my wireless network at home?

And how do I see how many mins/texts I have left and how much I have spent on the internet?

thanks!

abi

PS does anyone know how to bluetooth transfer contacts over from a Nokia 3110 to a 5800?!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Extras are probably (though I'm not familiar with your tariff so someone else might know more....)

-Internet use as you mentioned. May be capped at £1 per day (or less if you use less), I'd check with O2 to be sure.
-I think MMS are extra on that tariff.

Wireless at home will be free.

I assume your Nokia Maps has the maps pre-loaded on the phone? If so it will connect via the internet for a very short time so that the A-GPS can help you get a lock on. You can disable this but it will take the GPS on it's own longer to lock on. If there is no GPS on the handset it may try to connect to give you a rough location, but this should only be a few kb of data. You should be able to turn it off in the options too. Google Maps will cost the earth though as it downloads the maps as you go.

I check usage by going into O2 Active / Mobile Internet on my handset, then MyO2, then MyO2 Account. If you bookmark it it's then free to check. It can be up to 48 hours behind, but mine is generally only a couple of hours. You can also send a blank text to 21202 and you'll get a text back with your info.

No idea how to transfer contacts. If both phones are O2 (or the old one is unlocked from any network) you can copy the contacts onto the sim, then onto the new handset.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thankyou for your reply

I have managed to copy my contacts over via Nokia PC Suite on my computer. I have been charged 85p for data, I assume this was from something I did when I first started playing with the phone judging by the time mentioned.

I have disabled Nokia maps from going online - it was preloaded and finds my position pretty quick just with GPS.

I believe MMS use up 4 text messages which isn't a problem with unlimited texts I don't suppose. Good to know I can use my wireless network at home for free.

thanks again
abi
Highlighted
Anonymous

MMS is not included in this tariff, and you will be charged 25p for each one you send

This is beacuse technically you don't get a text allowance, just the unlimited sms bolt-on

Hope this helps
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks, you are right! So is there a bolt on for MMS or not?

thanks x
Highlighted
Anonymous

There's no MMS bolt-on AFAIK because standard o2 contracts have an inclusive text allowance from which MMS are taken at the level of 4 texts per MMS.

o2 contracts through third parties such as mobiles.co.uk, Tesco, etc have their own packages and terms and conditions.

The problem with signing up for a deal with no base allowance of texts mean that you have to pay for MMS, unfortunately. This should have been made clear by Tesco, but no doubt it's buried in the small print.

SV