Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Liveperson CHAT - is this real?

Hello, I was on the O2 website looking for information on a Simplicity SIM when a chat window appeared. I spoke to an agent and I ordered a sim (or so I thought). This was almost 2 weeks ago and I still haven't received the sim card.
I revisited the O2 site on Saturday and couldn't immediately find this Live Chat service, but then by coincidence another chat window popped up. I explained that I ordered the sim, but the agent (who had an extremely poor grasp of the english language, using the word "which" instead of "when" in the question "xxxx did you order your simcard?") found nothing with my postcode. Due to the following evasiveness of the agent I immediately became concerned about the authenticity of this pop-up and closed the session. I took a screenshot in case I should send it to O2.
Have I been scammed for my personal details (email address, postcode etc) or is this live chat the real deal from O2? Thanks.
Anonymous

Re: Liveperson CHAT - is this real?

There is a live chat facility, but I don't know whether who you spoke to was from O2. I didn't think that they took orders though.
Anonymous

Yes live chat is o2. And they do take orders thats what they are there for. If your browsing the website looking at all the deals o2 do. A chat up box will appear from o2 to help you and help you through anything you want to order on the o2 website.
When you ordered from them they should of gave you a order number did you write this down?
Also they would of took your email address and if the order went through all the order information would of gone to your email address.
Apparently thats the next big thing with getting sales is live chat. A lot of companies will do this on there own website now.
Anonymous

I thought they took you through entering your details, not giving your details to them?
Anonymous

I spoke to one of those 'agents' too...They're obviously outsourced to a foreign country as the person I spoke to didn't understand me or realise the difference between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland and kept telling me I was roaming when I wasn't! If they insist on outsourcing they should outsource to people who actually have a grasp of the English language!
Anonymous

I thought all the call centres etc were in the UK?
(Incidentally, although you are obviously correct that Northern Ireland is part of the UK, phones can 'accidentally' roam due to atmospheric conditions etc)
Anonymous

All the live person I am aware of is in the UK.
Anonymous

Thanks to all who replied to this post. I did in fact receive a Simplicity sim after speaking with another O2 chat assistant last week. Cheers.