Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live chat not answering

catpower80
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been waiting online for someone to answer the live chat for over 30 minutes now. I need an urgent update on an order that should have been delivered this morning and hasn't turned up. I've spoken to customer service and they said they cannot help as the order was placed online. I was advised the jet black iphone 7+ was in stock and would be delivered next day, the woman in customer service said that this model is out of stock. Why then did I cancel the existing order i placed 5 days ago for the rose gold model because I couldn't afford to wait 2 weeks for a new phone. The person I spoke to on live chat said the jet black model was 100% guaranteed to turn up today.......

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Live chat will tell you anything - Most iPhone 7's are out of stock.
Check here http://iphonestockchecker.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Live chat will tell you anything - Most iPhone 7's are out of stock.
Check here http://iphonestockchecker.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

catpower80
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I joined live chat at 12:07pm it's now 12:47pm and STILL no answer....

It appears the chat person who told me the jet black 7+ was 100% guaranteed to turn up next day was WRONG and O2 have accepted an order with £6.99 next day before 10:30am delivery for an item you KNEW was out of stock. Appalling.
I work for Vodafone. I'm sure they'll be interested to know how crap the competitions customer service is.....
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They've only got to read the forum to find that out.
Why don't you get one from Voda?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @catpower80 A word of advice if you try to contact O2 at any time it's usually best to try between 8-8.30am

I was in touch with live chat at 8.13am last week. Connected immediately...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Sorry @catpower80 isnt saying the competitions CS is appalling calling the kettle black, as havent your employer been fined £4.6million for serious complaint mishandling and customer failings, and won the award for worst customer service award by the Guardian, even beating the utility companies... 

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/dec/19/2016-awards-worst-customer-service 

o2 should refund the next day delivery charge, and possibly the agent got confused by the 7+ and the 7, which as you will know if you work for Voda, are both in constraints, by apple.. 

I would call up on 202 from your handset and talk to an agent rather than live chat... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Live chat will tell you what you want to hear, best to call them.

I too wonder why someone who works for Voda doesn't want to buy from them....

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You don't really think they work for Voda do you ? wink

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Who knows....and why lie....why not get the staff benefits on a Voda tariff....? I am so naive you see....

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hmmmmm tongue

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11