Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Live Chat

nobody seems to answer just a picture saying they are looking for an available agent

Highlighted
Anonymous

problem is they  tell you to phone and I haven't got a phone - my mobile is the only phone I have

Highlighted
Anonymous

to keep the old numbr and upgrade to a new 4g sim you have to get a text sent to your old sim - with a 4 digit number.  

Highlighted
Topics: 552
Solutions: 13,506

Keep trying live chat.
Perhaps best to try first thing in the morning now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

yep but that I got sent to my Dongle - because it gave me a choice for the upgrade but doesn't appear to for sim swap

Highlighted
Topics: 552
Solutions: 13,506

@Anonymous wrote:

to keep the old numbr and upgrade to a new 4g sim you have to get a text sent to your old sim - with a 4 digit number.  

Your identity can be verified in other ways to do a sim swap if you speak to live chat - it's just security measures to ensure someone isn't trying to clone your number.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)